35 Tips For Hotter You – How To Become Hot And Attractive
1. Certain basics never go out of fashion: a classic pair of blue jeans, plain white shirts or kurtas, an elegant black evening dress or sari, a simple salwar–kameez in a colour that suits you, a basic jacket that goes with everything – you get the picture, right?
2. Smoking and alcohol are two things that will ruin your looks, whether you realise it or not. If you have these habits, quit NOW.
3. Always go shoe–shopping at the end of the day as this is when your feet are most tired and at their largest. Make sure they fit snugly but are not too tight.
4. To keep lipstick from getting onto your teeth, form an ‘O’ with your mouth, wrap a tissue around your finger, poke into your mouth and slowly twist it out so as to eliminate excess colour from your lips
5. Change your razor or its cartridges regularly to avoid ugly nicks when shaving
6. Wear a good quality sun-screen that suits your skin type. It’s better to get a waterproof one that will stay on despite sweating. Use it religiously every day even if the sun is not out as ultraviolet rays do penetrate down through the clouds too.
7. For ultra–shiny hair, mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with a cup of water and the juice of halt a lemon. Run through your hair and rinse after a shampoo.
8. If you have a short neck, never wear Chinese collared tops. Instead opt for deep necklines and long necklaces.
9. Keep your make-up palette natural rather than opting for too many bright shades. The natural look never goes out of fashion.
10. Remember that a brown blusher is only supposed to be applied to the apples of your cheeks, not the entire face!
11. Maintaining an active lifestyle does not mean you need to devote hours to exercise. Simple steps really do work – taking the stairs, doing housework, even playing outdoors with your children or dog.
12. Store your perfume bottles upside down to maintain the scent better.
13. If you want to snack between meals, eat fruit or a vegetable like carrot or cucumber rather than junk like potato chips.
14. Scarves are great accessories every season of the year: wrap one around your hair in summer for protection from the heat, tie one around your neck in winter to keep warm. Best to get cotton and linen once.
15. Using satin pillowcases prevents hair from tangling at night
16. A multivitamin tablet every day. especially if you are over 35, helps keep skin and hair healthy. Do consult your doctor first though.
17. Give yourself a scalp massage before shampooing to stimulate hair growth. The proper way to massage is to place the thumbs of both hands on the scalp and move in a circular motion – the skin on the scalp should move, not your thumbs.
18. Constant wearing of high heels causes knee and back problems. Be sure to give your feet a rest with comfortable slippers or shoes.
19. Do not be a fashion victim but wear clothes that suit your body type. If you are on the fuller size, avoid short tops, pants that are too skinny, etc. If you have flabby arms, do not wear sleeveless tops.
20. To open up your eyes so that they appear bigger and livelier, place a dot of a light shade in the inner corner of each eye.
21. Do not wear white pants if you are big–bottomed
22. Don’t wear leggings with a kutait your thighs are flabby. It looks horrible, instead opt for an Anarkan kurta that will cover up your thighs from the sides,
23. It is best to contrast lipstick and nail colours; do not go for the same shades.
24. Use of an eyelash curler can make your eyelashes weakor; stick to a good mascara and it should do the job.
25. After applying lipstick or gloss, blot it by kissing a tissue paper. Then apply a second coat to make it last longer.
26. Make sure to blend your blush into your foundation well or it will tend to look unnatural and add the appearance of five years to your looks.
27. If you use make–up everyday, you must cleanse tone and moisturise your face religiously:
• Keep your skin free of build-up by using a gentle cleanser in the morning and at night. When cleansing your face, do so gently in upward motion strokes – do not tug. pull or Scrub too hard to prevent irritation.
• Freshen up your skin with a toner containing ingredients that suit your skin type.
• Indulge your skin and keep it hydrated with a moisturiser that is Compatible with your skin type. Make sure your daytime moisturiser contains SPF to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays.
28. Treat yourself to an at-home facial two to three times a week. Use a mild cleanser, then exfoliate with a gentle Scrub that contains exfoliants that are round and non-abrasive. Apply a facial mask after exfoliating. Rinse off thoroughly and get a good night’s sleep.
29. If you have under-eye circles or any blemishes, cover them up with a concealer rather than just foundation, This will prevent your make-up from looking cakey.
30. Choose the shade of your concealer carefully. When testing out shades, pick one that matches your skin tone or one shade lighter. It helps to use a mirror outdoors to see how shades look on your skin in natural light.
31. To maintain a flawless finish throughout the day, apply pressed powder using a sponge or clean powder brush.
32. If you are over 30, avoid powdering under the eyes as it can make fine lines and wrinkles appear more obvious,
33. For smooth, Soft lips, take a clean damp washcloth and gently rub your lips for 60 seconds before applying lipstick.
34. For touch-ups during the day or night, carry a soft toothbrush in your handbag or make-up kit. Be sure to brush your lips gently.
35. Apply a lip balm or conditioner throughout the day to keep your lips hydrated and protected from the Sun’s harmful rays.