Keep Acne At Bay – How To Prevent Acne Naturally
The things to do in summer
It may be the season for fun and frolic but summer also brings with it a host of beauty dilemmas. Increased heat and humidity during summer can cause the sebaceous glands to become overactive. This often leads to a breakout. Check out dos and donʼts to keep your skin healthy, glowing and blemish-free.
Dos and Donʼts To Keep Your Skin Healthy
- Wash your face only twice a day
- Ensure that your cleanser is suited for summer
- Moisturise twice a day
- Wear sunblock
- Eat healthy
- Home remedies
Wash your face only twice a day
If you overwash your face the skin signals all your glands to overproduce oil, making it greasier. Limit the excessive skin cleansing so that your skin can balance itself naturally.
Ensure that your cleanser is suited for summer
Avoid the creamy ones, instead opt for deep cleansing oil-free washes. Choose one with salicyclic acid, which is naturally derived from willow bark. It helps to get rid of blackheads, whiteheads and also reduces oil production. The percentage should be at least one per cent to have enough efficacy.
Since humidity boosts oil production, swipe a toner regularly.
Moisturise twice a day
No matter how oily your skin is, it still needs moisture to stay healthy. Look for gentle gels that are free from fragrance, colour and paraben to let your skin breathe.
Sunburn causes serious damage to the skin. Hence using a sunscreen, is a must especially in summers. Choose a sunblock which is non comedogenic it does not block pores) non-greasy and fluid in nature.
Curd with its prebiotic bacteria is the best option to cool down your system. You can eat it in a variety of ways. Plain yoghurt mixed with rice, buttermilk chhaas lassi or as raita.
- Cucumber has a high water content and hence is ideal for summer. The body needs hydration in whichever form it can get it. This vegetable is the perfect choice to flush out toxins and improve sluggish digestion that helps to maintain the health of the intestinal tract.
- Replace aerated drinks with coconut water, fruit juices and vegetable juices. Fruits like lemons and oranges contain vitamins minerals, fibres and phyto chemicals. Lemons stimulate the release of enzymes that are helpful in the liverʼs detoxification process. Try to squeeze a bit of lime on all your food during summer.
- To detox naturally 2-3 litres of water should be consumed everyday.
Avoid deep fried food and spicy items:
- Have fresh fruits, veggies and juices thatʼll keep the skin hydrated and glowing.
- Intensity of pimples reduces the, mint is rich in several minerals vitamins.Application of fresh mint (mud pack) juice over the face every night cures pimples without drying the skin excessively.
- Applying a pack of multani mitti and rose water is also a good healing mask for skin prone to break outs.